It is our intention to make our setting accessible to children and families from all sections of the local community. We aim to ensure that all sections of our community have access to the setting through open, fair and clearly communicated procedures.
- We ensure that information about our setting is provided in a Welcome Booklet and on our website
- Children who have already attended Caterpillar Nursery in the previous year will be given the first chance to use their full 15 hours (or if entitled to, 30 hours) funded sessions per week.
- This will be followed by any children who are on the waiting list and will be moving to Primary School the following academic year.
- The remaining places will be offered to all other children who are on the waiting list.
- It will not always be possible to give children on the waiting list their full 15 hours, even if they are entitled to them. In these cases, we encourage parents to split them with another setting.
- Priority of placement will be given to vulnerable families, at the discretion of the Leadership Team.
- We operate an equal opportunities policy, we believe that all individuals are of equal worth and should therefore be given every opportunity to fulfil their potential. We endeavour to foster attitudes and relations which promote an understanding and respect for others.
- Parents/Carers are made aware of all our policies which include our Valuing Diversity and Promoting Equality Policy.
- We are flexible about attendance patterns to accommodate the needs of individual children and families, providing these do not disrupt the pattern of continuity in the setting that provides stability for all the children.